[Wine]Does a user need to join wine-devel?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 19:11:26 CST 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:36:32 +0000 (GMT), luis lenders
<lgvlenders at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Mike wrote:

> quartz is a part of DirectX (DirectShow to be exact).
>
> Try using native quartz.dll and devenum.dll (remember
> to register them first!)
>

> Excuse me for this "noob"-question, but why do these
> dlls have to be registered first? And is the only
> thing you have to do just  run regsvr32 quartz.dll for
> example? What purpose does registering of dlls serve
> anyway? Luis

Luis,
   I'm a total noob also. Less than a noob really, but I have to
register dlls by hand in Windows for a company I test for that does
for profit  development. I *think* what it does is puts information in
the registry about the dll so the system knows things about it. That's
a total guess on my part though.

- Mark