[Wine]Does a user need to join wine-devel?

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Thu Nov 18 13:24:27 CST 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:11:26 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Luis,
>    I'm a total noob also. Less than a noob really, but I have to
> register dlls by hand in Windows for a company I test for that does
> for profit  development. I *think* what it does is puts information in
> the registry about the dll so the system knows things about it. That's
> a total guess on my part though.

Correct. It's a COM thing. Registering a DLL links it to the registry so
COM can activate it given a GUID.

All very complicated and over-engineered, in my mind, but it does have its
advantages. Yes you just need something like this:

WINEDLLOVERRIDES=quartz=n regsvr32 quartz.dll

and the same for devenum.

thanks -mike