[Wine]Complete Linux newbie!

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 17:42:10 CST 2004

Try

wine --version

just to set things up, and then

wine notepad

to start a simple app. If that works, then you need to do an install
of your Windows app. Mount the cdrom, then cd /mnt/cdrom/XXX to
whereever the install program is. (Usually called install.exe or
setup.exe) Then tun

wine install.exe

and see if it works. In my experience you should look at the wineHQ
App database before you do this and try installing something that's
known to work.

Good luck,
Mark