[Wine]Complete Linux newbie!

Walt Ogburn reuben at ugcs.caltech.edu
Fri Nov 19 17:58:37 CST 2004

Hi Allan,

If you are used to a command line, you can use Wine as Mark suggested.
Alternatively, you can do everything without it.  If you use a graphical
file browser like Konqueror, and you have a Windows program somewhere on
disk, you can click on that .EXE file, and in the "Open with" dialog just
type "wine".

If you have an existing MS Windows partition on your hard drive that you
want Wine to know about, I think that has to be set up by hand, and I
don't know a way to do this without going to the command prompt.  (It
might be possible, I just don't know it).

- Walter