[Wine]Error with wine-20041019

John McKee jmmckee at flinthills.com
Fri Nov 19 22:55:54 CST 2004

When I start a windows application using wine (currently wine-20041019)
on RedHat 9, I receive the following:

[jmmckee at server jmmckee]$ wine sol
Please use the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels

to set the screen resolution and remove the "Resolution" entry in the
config file
err:wave:OSS_WaveOutInit /dev/mixer1: No such device
err:wave:OSS_WaveInInit /dev/mixer1: No such device

I tried wine regedit to look at HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG.  The display
clearly shows a plus sign to the left.  But, when I click on it, it does
not expand.  The other keys do expand.  So, this actually is two
1) Why does it show as if it could be expanded, but does not expand?
Are other keys missing?  I have done wine --version.

2) What is an appropriate entry for LogPixels

The  two err: above has me totally confused.  I do not know where to
even being to look to resolve the messages.

Thanks for assistance.

John McKee