[Wine]Error with wine-20041019

John McKee jmmckee at flinthills.com
Fri Nov 19 22:55:54 CST 2004

When I start a windows application using wine (currently wine-20041019)
on RedHat 9, I receive the following:

[jmmckee at server jmmckee]$ wine sol
Please use the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels

to set the screen resolution and remove the "Resolution" entry in the
config file
err:wave:OSS_WaveOutInit /dev/mixer1: No such device
err:wave:OSS_WaveInInit /dev/mixer1: No such device

I tried wine regedit to look at HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG.  The display
clearly shows a plus sign to the left.  But, when I click on it, it does
not expand.  The other keys do expand.  So, this actually is two
questions:
1) Why does it show as if it could be expanded, but does not expand?
Are other keys missing?  I have done wine --version.

2) What is an appropriate entry for LogPixels

The  two err: above has me totally confused.  I do not know where to
even being to look to resolve the messages.

Thanks for assistance.

John McKee