[Wine]Error with wine-20041019

Stefan Munz stefan.munz at itomig.de
Sat Nov 20 12:24:34 CST 2004

> > > to set the screen resolution and remove the "Resolution" entry in the
> > > config file
> > > err:wave:OSS_WaveOutInit /dev/mixer1: No such device
> > > err:wave:OSS_WaveInInit /dev/mixer1: No such device
> > >

> > > I tried wine regedit to look at HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG.  The display
> > > clearly shows a plus sign to the left.  But, when I click on it, it
> > > does not expand.  The other keys do expand.  So, this actually is two
> > > questions:
> > > 1) Why does it show as if it could be expanded, but does not expand?
> > > Are other keys missing?  I have done wine --version.
> > >
> > > 2) What is an appropriate entry for LogPixels
> >
> > just look in your config file in the resolution section and copy the
> > value to the registry (96 is the default value, i guess). i usually open
> > the registry with a text editor to change the wine settings and use
> > regedit only to import windows registry files. i don't know wether
> > regedit works for wine specific entries.
> >
> > to get rid of the last two errors you should look into your config file
> > and choose the correct sound device. (search for "wineoss")
> >
> > cu,
> >
> > Stefan
>
> I appreciate your prompt response.  I must be missing something, or
> misunderstanding.  By "registry", are you referring to ~/.wine/system.reg?
> If not, what is the name of the file and where (usually) is it located?

i looked in my .reg files (they are in ~/.wine) and found no resolution entry
so i think it is save to just delete it in the config file.

> And, as to the two err: I am receiving, below is the section from my
> ~/.wine/config file.  Sound work fine under Linux.  Where else do I need to
> be looking?
>

> "Drivers" = "wineoss.drv"      ; default for most common configurations
> ;"Drivers" = "winearts.drv"    ; for KDE
> ;"Drivers" = "winealsa.drv"    ; for ALSA users
> ;"Drivers" = "winejack.drv"    ; for Jack sound server
> ;"Drivers" = "winenas.drv"     ; for NAS sound system
> ;"Drivers" = "wineaudioio.drv" ; for Solaris machines
> ;"Drivers" = ""                ; to disable sound
> "WaveMapper" = "msacm.drv"
> "MidiMapper" = "midimap.drv"

i would try to comment the first line (;"Drivers" = "wineoss.drv"). if you
need sound in wine you must uncomment the line with the sound driver that is
installed on your system.

> I apologize for what seem to me as naive questions.

no problem, hope it helps.