[Wine]Error with wine-20041019

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Sat Nov 20 15:06:15 CST 2004

John McKee wrote:
> Duane Clark wrote:
>

>>(Please respond to the list, rather than only to me)
>>
>>John McKee wrote:
>>>err:module:import_dll Library MFC42.DLL (which is needed by
>>>L"C:\\CServe\\CS3\\CS3COR.DLL") not found
>>
>>If you have those installed in the Windows directory, then maybe
>>whatever is messed up in the config file is somehow causing the problem.

> So, I tried running the app again.  CS3CORR.DLL was never in either
> Windows\System or Windows\System32.  The installer put it (along with other
> custom DLLs) into the application directory.

You are misinterpreting the message. CS3CORR was found ok. But CS3CORR
is trying to use MFC42, and that is the one not being found (along with
several others). It is MFC42 and company that you need installed in the
windows directory.

CS3CORR can be left in the application directory, and nothing needs to
be added to the config file to find it. In general, if there is not a
Wine equivalent for a DLL, then Wine will expect to find a real windows
DLL, and will print the above message if it cannot.