[Wine] internet explorer

Oscar oscar_kareen at yahoo.es
Sun Nov 21 06:39:46 CST 2004

Hi, I've succeed launching IE6 sp2 on Wine 20040716 without following
the instructions of the install-script or frank's corner. The problem is
that it is very unstable, and IE crashes in a high percent of runnings.
But, afterall, I can see the rendering of my webpages with IE.

All the native dlls are downloaded from www.dll-files.com. It's
important having all them installed before proceed with the IE's
installation. Don't forget doing wineboot after installation.

As you see, I use de builtin versions of ole32 and related. With they
native, IE allways crashes. I suppose it is one of the bigger problems
of stability. I think that win98 versions of all dll should work better
than nt's but I don't know where you can download them.

Good Luck!

[AppDefaults\\IEXPLORE.EXE\\DllOverrides]

"rsabase" = "native"
"commctrl" = "native"
"shdocvw" = "native"
"browsewm" = "native"