[Wine]problems with my first wine-steps

Jochen Georges jochen.georges at web.de
Tue Nov 23 09:23:34 CST 2004

Hello,

I installed wine-20041019 with the wineinstall-script on debian (woody).
(There is a windows98SE on /mnt/win. /mnt/win is mounted)

Now I try to run freecell.exe, but it doesn't work.

jochen at archie:~$ wine 'c:\windows\freecell.exe'
Please use the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels
to set the screen resolution and remove the "Resolution" entry in the config
file
err:wave:OSS_WaveOutInit /dev/mixer1: No such device
Could not load 'CARDS.DLL' required by 'FREECELL', error=21

jochen at archie:~$ find /mnt/win/ -name cards.dll -print
/mnt/win/windows/system/cards.dll

I tried to run /wine-source/programs/regedit/regedit
to take a look at  HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels,
but the directory HLEY_CURRENT_CONFIG seems to be empty.

Can you give me a hint?

Thanks in advance.
Jochen