[Wine]Wine on FC2 crashes on File Selection dialog

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Tue Nov 23 11:30:01 CST 2004

Hi List,

My FC2 Wine installation crashes (without any message displayed) on
every application which shows the std. file selection dialog (eg File -
Open) as soon as I change the directory in the dialog or click "OK" or
"Cancel". This even happens with the stock "notepad" that comes with
Wine. "Winefile" however can browse the file systems correctly, without
crashing.

I'm running wine-20040914-1fc2winehq.i686.rpm from winehq.org. I tried a
stock install (default config file /etc/wine/config) and let wine create
and populate my ~/.wine directory. I'm not modifying anything in the
config, Ie I also run without a local MS copy. I have further tried the
i386 version and have just tested the wine-20041019-1fc2winehq.i686.rpm
-- all with the same results. I have created the E:\ and F:\ symlinks,
doesn't help either.

When I debug with err+all, I still get no clue. warn+all is a bit too
much for me though ;-)

Anyone having an idea on how to fix this?

Tnx,
HaJo

--
HaJo Schatz <hajo at hajo.net>