[Wine]internet explorer 6 destroyed my directory !!

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Thu Nov 25 02:44:42 CST 2004

Am Mit, Nov 24, 2004 at 05:26:41 -0800 schrieb Dan Sawyer:
> I have to disagree. A native file system is wine's roots and there is no
> reason for the limitation. Up until recently it was the only option. I
> have been doing it that way since the 16 bit versions in 1996. Over that
> time this dual access mechanism has supported testing and the moving off
> of apps as they became available on wine. There is also no reason wine
> should behave any differently between a local and a native file system.

It's not the filesystem, Dan, it's the registry, ini-file and so on. If
you don't import that, the applications are mostly unusable, because
they are not correctly installed for wine. If you import them, you have
keys that would never have been written by a wine-installation.

Might be that you have good experiences with native partitions. All my
experiences where very unpredictable and applications sometimes run,
sometimes not and crash much more often that with a pure wine
installations. But your mileage may vary.

> That said the original post still holds. Is this a known issue? Is it a
> wine issue? Is it an ie. issue?

If I remember right it's a known issue with native ie6. Has been posted
last year more often. I don't know exactly why but it is typical for
native partition runs. Had something to do with the use of parts of
explorer for filesystem access in native installations.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"