[WINE] Setup.exe error and mapping drives

Julian Hall wine at kaotic.co.uk
Tue Nov 30 10:31:32 CST 2004

Mike Hearn wrote:

>Try upgrading Wine, you may not have the full new drive system.
>
>For InstallShield try installing native DCOM first, eg
>
>WINEDLLOVERRIDES=ole32,oleaut32,rpcrt4=n wine dcom98.exe
>WINEDLLOVERRIDES=ole32,oleaut32,rpcrt4=n wine setup.exe
>
>thanks -0mike

Thanks Mike,

I upgraded to 20041019 using the Mandrake 10 RPM from winehq.com, and
that runs both the TMPEG programs so that I have access to all the
required drives.  DVD Author does indeed load up MPEGS so I can
incorporate them into DVDs.  I'm looking forward to finding out how much
quicker than Windows XP they will be to encode.  I previously
experienced a 50% increase in speed in video editing between Linux
(WINE) and Windows using the exact same hardware, software installation,
and indeed the same executable :)

However, when I try to load an AVI into TMPEG Endoder 2.5 for editing, I
get the following errors:

[julian at natalie Plus 2.5]$ wine TMPGEnc.exe
fixme:commdlg:GetFileName95 Flags 0x00800000 not yet implemented
fixme:avifile:AVIFileInit (): stub!
fixme:avifile:AVIFileExit (): stub!
fixme:avifile:AVIFileInit (): stub!
err:avifile:AVIFILE_LoadIndex stream 0 length mismatch: dwLength=104693
found=-1
fixme:avifile:AVIFileExit (): stub!

Does the "not yet implemented" mean something is not yet supported in
WINE?  Or, as I just spotted commdlg mentioned, is it something to do
with that DLL?

Regarding the DLLOVERRIDES, where do I enter that information?  In my
~/.wine directory I have dosdevices (folder), drive_c (folder) and files
as follows; system.reg userdef.reg and user.reg  I've had a look at the
man page but, being relatively new to the guts of Linux as well as WINE
I'm a bit lost :)

Kind regards,

Julian