[Wine]Edit Windows XP registry with wines regedit?

Joachim von Thadden j.thadden at t-online.de
Sun Oct 3 07:32:17 CDT 2004

Am Sam, Okt 02, 2004 at 05:11:21 +0200 schrieb Martin Bammer:
> is it possible to edit the registry of an installed Windows XP under Linux
> with wine's regedit? I've replaced my mainboard which has a different

No, that is not possible. We can only read the registry, not write it.
There may be a solution to that with a third party registry editor under
wine, but I'm not sure with that.

> chipset. So this crappy Windows XP doesn't want to boot now.

Yeah, this is really a very, very screwed up "feature" of windows. We
had this in our company several times. Here are two links that might
help you:

http://www.wintotal.de/Tipps/Eintrag.php?RBID=4&TID=645
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBA/tip0100/rh0182.htm

Regards