[Wine] Native 9x and config

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Fri Oct 8 09:03:46 CDT 2004

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Rob Hughes wrote:
> Anyone willing to share a .wine/config that's working with a 9x install?

No, not me.  For example I am not using native partition as it seems to me
to create a big mess of registry entries and dlls used.

> I've been playing around, even blowing away the win98 slice and
> installing it from scratch, but when running wineboot, I still get 10-15
> crashes to the debugger. So far, about all I can run is notepad
> sucessfully.

Maybe the crashes are worth of filling the appropriate bugreports?

> The ironic thing is, if I use just wine, I have much fewer problems, but
> would like to be able to use a number of native dlls for the areas that
> are still being worked on.

What namely that dlls are?  IMHO, the most of native dlls works fine with
Wine if you just copy them to the ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system dir.