[Wine]Re: rpm install

M-Halo masochisthalo at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 13 20:06:11 CDT 2004

Just tried using a Wine RPM... No luck. :(  I have to
install it as root, but as a user, the "wine" command
isn't put into my path.  So, just typing "wine" won't
execute the app.  Then, I found it in /usr/bin/wine ;
at this point, simply typing "/usr/bin/wine" at my
command prompt brings up a whole bunch of fixme lines
on my screen.

I don't know how you guys do it, but Wine RPMs are
still a pain for me. :S  I'm willing to listen if you
guys think using an RPM is better than compiling from
source, but right now, the ./wineinstall route still
scores more points for me. :)

Hiji

=====
M-Halo: It's Electronic Rock - http://www.mhalo.com/