[Wine]Cluster size not supported

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 15 02:51:52 CDT 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:15:36 +0200, you wrote:

> On my system, I get :
> charpent at yod:~$ wine ./fds.exe 'c:\'
> ret 1 gle 0
> sectpclust 1 bytpersect 4096 freeclust 105829 totalclust 524287
> sectpclust 1 bytpersect 1000 freeclust 19d65 totalclust 7ffff
> Wine exited with a successful status
> Isn't the "ret 1" suspicious ?

No, it is the return value of GetDiskFreeSpace() and it means "success".

Also the values seem to be correct: 105829 clusters * 4096 bytes/cluster
is 433 MB (1MB = 1000000 bytes).

What can go wrong is that the freecluster number do no fit in a 16 bit
value as you see on the line with the hex values. Somewhere in your
program, or in wine, a truncation may have taken place.

I would like to see the output of your program run like:

WINEDEBUG=+relay,+volume wine ... &>winedebug.log

If the resulting winedebug.log after bzip2'ing is small enough send it
by email, otherwise search through it for the GetDiskFreeSpace line and
cut the lines around it.

Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl