[Wine]Wine question - sort of... program that ran now crashes

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Sun Oct 17 12:31:42 CDT 2004

Mark Knecht wrote:
> Hi,
>    I emerged the newer glib again and the program continued to work. I
> then emerged glibc-2.3.4 and it failed.
>
>    Thinkint that recompiling might be required, I've now rebuilt all
> the pieces that I think are obviously involved using both the newer
> glib and glibc but the program still crashes with error messages from
> (I think) Wine:
>
> err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000005
>
> First, do you agree this message is in fact coming from Wine? That's a
> guess on my part, except I've seen the 'code c0000005' think in a lot
> of Windows driver failures over the years so I presume it's coming up
> to the surface through that path.

Yes, it is a Wine generated error. It is coming from here:
http://source.winehq.org/source/dlls/ntdll/exception.c#L207

> What is 'seh'?

Wine has the concept of "debug channels". "seh" probably stands for
mumble exception handler, or something like that. Take a look at the
bottom of:
http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wine-user/x2192

It is a very convenient way of debugging Wine.