[Wine]crash in cvs from 10/16

Dan McGhee farmerdan at i-rule.net
Mon Oct 18 06:20:23 CDT 2004

I updated from cvs just this morning to make sure I had the same initial
conditions as yours.  I ran Mike Hearn's script and IE6 installed.
However, winedbg started twice during the script.  I have not yet had a
chance to compare the log to yours, but I just type "quit" and allow the
installation to continue.

I noticed in your log file that one of the last messages was something
to the effect "can't find iexplore.exe."  Sometimes, I have had to
<mkdir .wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Internet\ Explorer/> for the script
to work.

Additionally, the script creates files and directories in the /tmp
directory.  You may wish to delete these and start from scratch.  I have
the setup files backed up so that I just copy them to my
.wine/drive_c/windows/Windows\ Update\ Setup\ Files/ directory.  Then I
run the script.

You might try looking in the "Windows Update Setup Files" directory to
see if all the CABS and necessary files are there.  If so, clean up the
stuff in the /tmp directory and run the script again.  you may end up
downloading ie6setup.exe again.

The post I sent to the developers mailing list finally made it.  If your
interested, I would ask that you check it out.  It describes all the
situations I have had with IE6 since the September snapshot.  Or I could
forward it to you.  It's 32k with the zipped log files.

Good luck.

Dan