[Wine]Wine Installshield and Sketchup

M-Halo masochisthalo at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 22 11:45:34 CDT 2004

> I was going to switch over to Desktop Mode to see if
> that made any difference
> but notice I don't have a config file with this
> version of Wine.  Any help
> gratefully received.

Hi Nick,

I'm afraid I can't offer too much help in the realm of
debugging.  I would suggest looking to the error
messages, and try to find the dlls that its asking
for; for example, its asking for MSVCP60.dll - so you
might try finding that dll, dropping it into your
windows/system folder, and adding it into your config
file.

But where is the config you may ask?

That all depends on how you installed.  Many know I
don't use RPMs, but if you compiled from source (using
the wineinstall script in the tools folder), you
should have been presented a question if you would
like to create a local config.  Here, you would answer
"yes", and you'd get a config file in your .wine
directory.

Hiji

P.S. I recopied the alias so others may keep track of
this situations history. :)