[Wine]Corel Draw 11

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 24 11:10:51 CDT 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:41:29 +0100, you wrote:

> > Did you try a native comctl32.dll?
> Yes, that appears to make no difference at all.
>
> I have also tried using the Desktop option in [x11drv], but that didn't
> make the text draw correctly. I have also tried turning on/off the
> various other options under [x11drv] such as
> "UseDGA","PerfectGraphics",... These didn't make any difference either.

[...]
> OK, I have prepared a set of screenshots which zoom in on the figure you
> saw before to different levels. They are available at
>
> http://physchem.ox.ac.uk/~rodgers/CorelDraw/
>
> > > Finally, I should mention that the very first time a picture is drawn
> > > (after the file opens), the text looks OK. I agree that it looks like
> > > some small inconsistency in the wine drawing code???
> >
> > When/how does it get polluted?
>
> In fact, I think that I was wrong about this. The TestBigTest... images
> compare a file created under Windows 2000, and then opened in Wine under
> Corel Draw. The distortion is there immediately, it's just that with my
> previous figure, when I first open it, the text is too small to see the
> effect.

Interesting pictures. It show there is a random noise in a box around
the characters. Also some parts of the characters are randomly shifted
horizontally. Randomly I presume, because noise and shifts are
completely different at different zoom levels.
Color problems? Bitmap bugs? Too many possibilities.

> Many thanks,

As I said before, this will be difficult to debug remotely. Best you can
do is enter a bug report at bugs.winehq.org, and upload some of these
screen shots. I might try to get a copy of CD somewhere and have a look,
or an other wine developer will do.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes