[Wine]Mozilla ActiveX control

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 27 02:16:28 CDT 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 20:38:23 +0200, you wrote:

> I'm using wine/cvs and I'm trying to get IE6 installed (the windows tree
> I got using method #2 doesn't work with the current wine/cvs)
> I setup the config file so wine simulates an nt environment; then, after
>   deselecting VML the download completes;
> However, wine then complains I do not have the Mozilla ActiveX control
> installed (for mshtml.dll)
>
> Can anyone tell me how to install Mozilla ActiveX control, in such a way
> that wine can use it? I can't find much about this

It is MozillaControl171.exe and can be found here:
http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/mozilla.htm Just run it with wine to
install.

I do not think this will much use for what you want to accomplish. AFAIK
you will have to use native mshtml.dll (and a bunch of others) and those
obviously do not complain about a missing mozilla control.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl