[Wine]application with java?!

Dennis dennismail at gmx.net
Wed Oct 27 06:38:10 CDT 2004

Hi Mario!

> I already found out that there is no way to run in native with java, so i am
> only left with wine ;)

A useful information for you: Java is platform-independent which means
that code written in Java can be runned under all (actual) Operating
Systems. So this makes clear that is a quite strange idea to launch java
code under wine, when linux supports java nativly.

> Do i need to install Java? (i have already tried this but it complains that
> i do not have enough memory)

This seems quite obvious, don´t it? If you want to go biking, you have
to buy a bike first. This means that if you want to run a Java-programm,
you have to install Java. The question remaing is: which one?!?
If you just want to be able to run java programs, then you should
download a JRE (=Java Runtime Environment) which includes all necessary
things to be able to launch java code - and install it under each
Operating system where you want to use java.
If you want to develop under other operating system (in your example
linux) , then you should download and install the appropriate SDK
(=Software Development Kit), which includes the JRE.
Both, JRE and SDK for Java, can be downloaded on the site of sun
(www.sun.com).

I hope this answered your question.

Yours,
Dennis