[Wine]Mozilla ActiveX control

Joris Huizer jorishuizer at planet.nl
Wed Oct 27 14:05:30 CDT 2004

Dan McGhee wrote:
> Joris Huizer wrote:
>
>> I'm using wine/cvs and I'm trying to get IE6 installed (the windows
>> tree I got using method #2 doesn't work with the current wine/cvs)
>

> I have never used method #2 successfully. I depend on Mike Hearn's
> script. This script adds DLLOVERRIDES to the AppDefault section of the
> config file.
>
>> I setup the config file so wine simulates an nt environment; then,
>> after deselecting VML the download completes;
>

> Does IE6 actually start for you with the latest wine from cvs? Knowing
> full well that the installation methods may cause this difference, I
> have not been able to get IE6 to run since a patch committed on Sept
> 27--#13938. Everything I have read indicates that things work better
> with a win98 environment. However, your comments indicate otherwise.

When using the wine/cvs version of 27 september, the setup.exe stops
with an error that installation fails - and if I uncompress .cab files
like method #2 suggests and move the files, iexplore indeed works
However, using the current wine/cvs version, of 26 oktober, iexplore
"installed" like that doesn't work;
I'll try to put in that register they provide (didn't before, but maybe
wineinstall replaces that one too...)

So I tried installing using that setup.exe again, and when selecting the
minimal browser, wine using it's default win environment downloads some
files, and stops;
At that point, I change the win environment to nt40 and it finishes the
download; it then hanged on mshtml.dll problems

Though in the mean time wine/cvs changed again :p now setup.exe tries to
replace the regedit.exe or something and this breaks (is there anyway
around that?)

regards,

Joris