[Wine]"continue the search using the wine-cvs archive..."

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 14:39:48 CDT 2004

Hi all,
   Chapter 18 of the Wine Developer's Guide

http://winehq.org/site/docs/wine-devel/cvs-regression

says:

" When you have found the day where the problem happened, continue the
search using the wine-cvs archive (sorted by date) and a more precise
cvs update including hour, minute, second :

cvs update -PAd -D "2004-08-23 15:17:25 CDT"

This will allow you to find easily the exact patch that did it."

How do I search the wine-cvs archive? I'm not really finding anything
sorted by date.

I'm down to knowing that my Linux program that calls Wine worked on
05/24 and fails on 05/25. Now I want to look for the patch that caused
the problem.

Also, if there's any easy way for me to sort of grep this Linux
program for calls to Wine and use that info to focus in on what part
of Wine is causing the program troubles, and if it's at all easy to
explain to a layman how to do it, then I'm interested in trying that.

Thanks,
Mark