[Wine]old Wine from CVS

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 21:59:24 CDT 2004

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:08:14 -0700 (PDT), Walt Ogburn
<reuben at ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> This is strangely reminiscent of the error that Emanuele Gissi posted
> earlier.  What do you get if you add the following line to the beginning
> of dlls/ntdll/critsection.c, function RtlLeaveCriticalSection?
>
> FIXME ("Watching for seg fault: (crit = %p)\n", crit);
>
> Since RtlCriticalSection is the last thing called before your seg fault,
> printing out the value of its pointer argument might be informative.
>
> The patch that you hunted down seems to be a pretty significant rewrite of
> some memory management stuff by Alexandre - it's all over my head, but
> maybe the real problem is in graphics as you suggested.
>
> - Walter

Walt,
   Thanks. I'm building it now.

   Can I assume that FIXME translates into some sort of print out
without me setting any WINEDEBUG variables? Or do I need to do
something to get it  to print?

   It's quite interesting doing this poking around. I'm a hardware
designer by trade - PC chipsets and 1394 stuff - I don't mess with
code at this level very often.

Thanks,
Mark