[Wine]old Wine from CVS

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Fri Oct 29 11:21:10 CDT 2004

Walt Ogburn wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> That last one makes it look like the crash is in a different thread than
> the one we were looking at.
>
> I looked at jack_fst, and I guess you are using the fst library.  This
> borrows a bunch of files from wine, so it's not too surprising if it
> breaks when the real wine version and the borrowed stuff are very
> dissimilar.

Yes, that is exactly what I am starting to think. I wonder if the
problem would go away if jack_fst were recompiled with a current version
of Wine. I suspect there is a good chance that would fix things.

Mark Knecht wrote:
>    It's quite interesting doing this poking around. I'm a hardware
> designer by trade - PC chipsets and 1394 stuff - I don't mess with
> code at this level very often.

Ah, well that interesting. I am also a hardware designer; doing various
FPGA design work. I use Wine to run some engineering software, and try
to tinker with it in my spare time.