[Wine]old Wine from CVS

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 13:02:14 CDT 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:45:46 -0700, Duane Clark <dclark at akamail.com> wrote:
> Walt Ogburn wrote:
> >
> > Now look in fst/libwinelib.c.  This is the meat of the hack that allows
> > fst to use wine in the way it does.  I don't think this is a "normal"
> > winelib application, as those shouldn't use wineserver (right?).
>
> I believe it is normal for winelib apps to use the wineserver.

Presumably this is a policy defined by Wine and not by winelib apps,
correct? If so, is there any documentation I could read?

If so, then one of my suspicions about this specific problem was the
possibility that it isn't really Wine that's crashing, or even the
specific VST that's crashing, but more that it's jack_fst that's
crashing. Possibly because it's talking to Wine (or the wine server)
incorretly?

One thought is the reason I cannot catch the failure using the FIXME
method I tried last night is because the segfault isn't in wine at
all?

Wine is being called by jack_fst, so when jack_fst dies I assume that
Wine is cleaned up by Linux since it's a subprocess? If Wine had
segfaulted wouldn't jack_fst still be in memory, which I don't see?

- Mark