[Fwd: Re: [Wine]segmentation error]

John Williamson roseneath at ntlworld.com
Fri Sep 3 06:43:23 CDT 2004

        On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 21:12, John Williamson wrote:
>         Realise I've sent this to the wrong email address. Apologies to recipient.
>
>         > >
>         > > I've only just learnt what CVS is for. I've had a look at setting up a
>         > > cvs client but have got mightily confused. Is there a good site  that
>         > > explains how to set it up and then use it for a first-timer.
>         > >
>         >
>         > Did you read the instructions at http://www.winehq.org/site/cvs ?
>         >
>         > Rein.
>

>         Never got chance to have a look at CVS but August version has stopped
>         the segfault. However when I run quickbooks it hangs for ages on
>         eventually load after about 20 minutes. Unfortunately it is then locked
>         up. I tried testing notepad, but this loads briefly then crashes with
>         the following errors,

>         X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
>           Major opcode of failed request:  15 (X_QueryTree)
>           Resource id in failed request:  0x3400004
>           Serial number of failed request:  122
>           Current serial number in output stream:  122"
>
>         Where do I go from here? I cannot obtain strace info if needed.
>

>         Thanks
>
> Bizarre behaviour now, Rebooted machine for another reason and wine
started working. Presumably it must have been a problem with the
location of temporary files as I had a slight modification to do there
but nothing changed until a reboot.I assume this must have enabled it to
write it's temporary files to the appropriate place. Last remaining
issue is that it doesn't print now whereas it did in the April version
(the last time I had a working version). Ah well.