[Wine]Registry issues

Kyryll Mirnenko mirya at innovativemarketing.com.ua
Fri Sep 3 09:13:22 CDT 2004

> Are you using the NTFS filesystem? Are you making the filesystem
> writeable by Linux? Is that really a good idea?

No, I'm on FreeBSD5.2.1, no NTFS-writable driver for it, but I did export
the alive XP SP2 installation to UFS2/FFS. Cold it be that the problem is
system case-sensitively (%SystemRoot%/system32/config/* are all low-case)?
Permissions are OK, I've even tried it for root.

I'll try some simple debugging next week to find the truth...

> ??? Most of us (at least I think it is most of us) do not use a real
> Windows partition with Wine. I certainly have not done so for years, and
> I don't notice any problems with file parsing. There are plenty of other
> places in Wine that need optimization long before registry file parsing,
> at least IMO.

Dealing with mmap() issue (or making FBSD developers deal with their kernel)
is higher priority :) My wine is Gerald Pfeifer's May version port