[Wine]TV cards

Joachim von Thadden j.thadden at t-online.de
Wed Sep 8 07:00:41 CDT 2004

Am Mit, Sep 08, 2004 at 10:38:49 +0100 schrieb richard:
> I will be on a residential course from the end of this moth for 40
> weeks, I'd like to get that TV card working in a linux/wine
> envoironment, then at least I can use a proper OS.
> The back up is to run it in windows AGHHHHH.

Sorry to say so, but you will not have success:

- wine can not run the windows driver
- wine can not run the software that comes with you TV card because it
  does not and can not emulate the drivers interface to the card

You are wasting your time  with trying to use this peace of hardware.
Either use it with plain linux if it is supported (many chipsets are)
or change it at your store to a card that is supported by linux. My card
was working very well (until I sold it because my region changed to
terrestial dvb). Some links to start with:

http://linux.bytesex.org/v4l2/		video 4 linux (the driver interface)
http://linux.bytesex.org/xawtv/		tv application
http://www.exploits.org/v4l/		video 4 linux ressources

Regards