[Wine]oracle config

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Fri Sep 10 04:38:16 CDT 2004

Am Fre, Sep 10, 2004 at 12:09:07 -0300 schrieb piuras:
> How can I configure oracle to run under wine in linux.

You don't want to do that. There is Oracle for Linux. That is MUCH
better!

Wine is not the "I want to run all my windows programs and don't want to
learn anything about linux" solution. If you want that: Stay on windows!
Wine is the "I have two or three programs that are not available under
linux and there are no equivalents around" solution. It's beta, does not
implement everything, does not work for many programs, has many bugs,
but it's absolut the most advanced reprogramming of an faulty, bad and
often undocumented API I've ever seen!!!

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"