[Wine]running MSI or EXE

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 18:11:07 CDT 2004

> I can touch the file, but keep with the same error. I read that the OS
> version should be set to 98 or 9x but I guess mp3br.msi is only for XP.

When it says that the OS version should be 98 or 9x, that means that
your wine config file should speciy win98.  The message that you read
doesn't mean that msi can only read .msi files that are from 98 or 9x,
so unless I'm mistaken, msi should be able to open mp3br.msi even if
it was written in/for XP.  The one problem with this is that msi isn't
exactly complete yet, so it might be a problem with wine's
implementation of msi that is causing your problem.  If you haven't
changed your OS version yet, edit your .wine/config file and make this
change:

[Version]
; Windows version to imitate
(win95,win98,winme,nt351,nt40,win2k,winxp,win2k3,win20,win30,win31)
"Windows" = "win98"

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 16:29:37 -0500, Rodrigo Poblanno Balp <balpo at gmx.net> wrote:
> I can touch the file, but keep with the same error. I read that the OS
> version should be set to 98 or 9x but I guess mp3br.msi is only for XP.
> Any other suggestions?
> Thanx.

James Hawkins