[Wine]Pegasus Mail sometimes says no HD-memory free, but that's not true

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Wed Sep 15 00:24:58 CDT 2004

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Timo Steuerwald wrote:
> I use the localized Pegasus Mail version 4.21c. Sometimes, only during receiving
> mails, I'll get an error message (dialog) that on the drive is currently only very few
> memory available.
..
> sometimes (upto now I don't know how to reproduce) during receiving emails, the
> header of one or more mail folder files will be destroyed (one file per folder). In this
> folder files the first 128 Bytes will be filled with garbage. The folder name in Pegasus
> Mail will be destroyed and will only contain silly letters.
..
> after replacing the corrupt header with a hex editor and reconfiguring
> some file in pegasus mail the folder works again.  May be these two
> errors are related???

I guess, they can be related.

> I've started Pegasus since a couple of weeks with
> WINEDEBUG=warn+all,fixme+all,err+all to see the reason of this problem.
>
> Because I don't think it is a good idea to send the whole debug file to the list (180
> kB), I will try to paste the really interesting straight under this mail.  At, the moment I
> use version 20040716-1.1.

Hey, you can fill a bugreport then.  Or at least you can check Bugzilla
for a similar bugs.

> warn:file:wine_nt_to_unix_file_name L"\\??\\T:\\STO4791.tmp" -> "/home/timo/.wine/dosdevices/t:/STO4791.tmp" required a case-insensitive search
> fixme:storage:StgCreateDocfile Transacted mode not implemented.

IMHO the last line could be essential indicator of the problem.  Lets see
where "storage:" comes from:

[s2 at katleriai wine]$ grep "WINE_DEFAULT_DEBUG_CHANNEL(storage)" dlls/*/*.c
dlls/ole32/hglobalstream.c:WINE_DEFAULT_DEBUG_CHANNEL(storage);
dlls/ole32/stg_bigblockfile.c:WINE_DEFAULT_DEBUG_CHANNEL(storage);
dlls/ole32/stg_stream.c:WINE_DEFAULT_DEBUG_CHANNEL(storage);
dlls/ole32/storage32.c:WINE_DEFAULT_DEBUG_CHANNEL(storage);

It comes from OLE32.  Lets guess:  you are using builtin dlls of
OLE-subsystem.  If so, I might suggest following:

* set Wine version to "win98",
* install DCOM98,
* then override some dlls to be loaded as native.

Which ones to override?  I guess generic ones: ole32, oleaut32, rpcrt4.
How to override?  Make another env-variable available to Wine:

WINEDLLOVERRIDES="ole32,oleaut32,rpcrt4=n" WINEDEBUG=...

If you aren't sure, add "+loaddll" to your WINEDEBUG variable and rerun
Wine with Pegasus.  This should be enough to fill a nice bugreport, BTW.