[Wine]Meetingmaker 8

Juho Vuori juho.vuori at kepa.fi
Mon Sep 20 06:25:10 CDT 2004

We are running meetingmaker in the office I'm working in. We've been
using oldish version 7.5 which have worked fine. Now we are trying to
upgrade to meetingmaker 8, which is causing problems for our linux users
running it under wine.

There are two problems with meetingmaker 8 under wine: Something is
causing it to consume a lot of cpu cycles even when it seems to sit
completely idle. At the same time it prints a lot of messages like this
to the terminal:

fixme:htmlhelp:HtmlHelpW ((nil), L"\5d90\414b8\4036", 253, 7548422): stub

Now I know almost nothing about win32 api, but this obviously has to do
something with the help system. We would happily run the program without
working help-system, but this problem seems to cause the program to eat
a lot of cpu cycles which is just too bad.

Another problem is that some very simple widgets don't seem to work
anymore. I don't know how these are called in windows api, but all sorts
of text entry widgets don't seem to get drawn to the screen. This is bad
as well.

We've tested this far wine-20040914 and wine-20040615. They both have
similar problems although the mentioned widget-problem seems to be more
serious with the older version. (I can give more details about this, but
I don't know if it's interesting)

Cheers,
Juho Vuori