[Wine]Meetingmaker 8

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 20 11:43:57 CDT 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:25:10 +0300, you wrote:

> There are two problems with meetingmaker 8 under wine: Something is
> causing it to consume a lot of cpu cycles even when it seems to sit
> completely idle. At the same time it prints a lot of messages like this
> to the terminal:
>
> fixme:htmlhelp:HtmlHelpW ((nil), L"\5d90\414b8\4036", 253, 7548422): stub
>
> Now I know almost nothing about win32 api, but this obviously has to do
> something with the help system. We would happily run the program without
> working help-system, but this problem seems to cause the program to eat
> a lot of cpu cycles which is just too bad.

This particular message might be displayed by an application that
*potentially* uses htmhlp. I can imagine that a lot of these cause
significant CPU usage, just for the messages alone.

Does it help if you run wine like:

WINEDEBUG=fixme-htmhlp wine ...

Another possibility is to use a native hhctrl.ocx

> Another problem is that some very simple widgets don't seem to work
> anymore. I don't know how these are called in windows api, but all sorts
> of text entry widgets don't seem to get drawn to the screen. This is bad
> as well.
>
> We've tested this far wine-20040914 and wine-20040615. They both have
> similar problems although the mentioned widget-problem seems to be more
> serious with the older version. (I can give more details about this, but
> I don't know if it's interesting)

Such display problems are very difficult to debug locally and far worse
remotely. If there is a demo version available for download that has
this problem also, fill in a bug report at http://bugs.winehq.org with a
pointer to the download site.

Rein.
--