[Wine]Cannot disable the debugger

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 21 04:03:01 CDT 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:00:07 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

> I have a situation where I am using wine on Linux and
> I want to prevent wine from trying to start the
> interactive debugger.
> I am using wine version: Wine 20040505
> When an executable fails an assertion (assert(0) for
> example) wine attempts to display a dialog box asking
> the user if they want to debug the application:
>
> 	Assertion failed: 0, file c:\documents and
> settings\fsola\my documents\visual studio
> projects\fake_executable_assertion\fake_executable_assertion\fake_executable_assertion.cpp,
> line 9
> 	fixme:ttydrv:TTYDRV_GetBitmapBits (0x58, 0x4039329c,128): stub

Are you using the tty driver deliberately (instead of the x11 driver) ?

(...)

> 	fixme:win:SetWindowTextW cannot set text L"Debug
> Error!\n\nProgram:
> ...\\hw\\nvdiag\\testgen\\regress\\test\\fake_executable_assertion.exe\n\n\r\nThis
> application has requested the Runtime to terminate it
> in an unusual way.\nPlease contact the application's
> support team for more information.\r\n\n\n(Press Retry
> to debug the application)" of other process window
> (nil)

What do you know about this fake_assertion stuff?

This message is not coming from wine but your application. It will need
debugging to find the 'real' cause. For instance by *en*abling wine's
debugger and choosing 'debug'. With luck a back trace will give some
insight in the problem.

Otherwise run with WINEDEBUG=+relay,+seh and inspect the log from the
point where this text appears backward for possible problems.

BTW, your wine is far too old. Unless there is a good reason not to,
upgrade to the latest version (20040914).

Rein.

--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl