[Wine]Cannot disable the debugger

Francis Sola hank_sola at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 15:04:31 CDT 2004

First off let me say I made a mistake.
This application calls assert(0);
I tried another app that tries to access a null
pointer and I was able to see my AeDebug registry
settings take effect (tried to jump to the debugger I
specified).

So, yes, this message is coming from the app.
I can disable it by doing a release build.
But this was a test app.
My real issue is that I need a way to prevent apps
like this one from trying to put up a dialog box.

Will switching to the x11 driver do this?

WHat will the x11 driver do \\\\\\
--- Rein Klazes <rklazes at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:00:07 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:
>
> > I have a situation where I am using wine on Linux
> and
> > I want to prevent wine from trying to start the
> > interactive debugger.
> > I am using wine version: Wine 20040505
> > When an executable fails an assertion (assert(0)
> for
> > example) wine attempts to display a dialog box
> asking
> > the user if they want to debug the application:
> >
> > 	Assertion failed: 0, file c:\documents and
> > settings\fsola\my documents\visual studio

projects\fake_executable_assertion\fake_executable_assertion\fake_executable_assertion.cpp,
> > line 9
> > 	fixme:ttydrv:TTYDRV_GetBitmapBits (0x58,
> 0x4039329c,128): stub
>
> Are you using the tty driver deliberately (instead
> of the x11 driver) ?
>
> (...)
>
> > 	fixme:win:SetWindowTextW cannot set text L"Debug
> > Error!\n\nProgram:

...\\hw\\nvdiag\\testgen\\regress\\test\\fake_executable_assertion.exe\n\n\r\nThis