[Wine]Sound Problems with x-ten lite on Toshiba 4600.

shad shad.mortazavi at convergenceone.com
Wed Sep 22 18:01:32 CDT 2004

Dear Group,

I'm running the following setup;

Yoper v2, Kernel 2.6.8.1-7, Wine 20040914 on a Toshiba Satellite Pro
4600. The Toshiba has a Yamaha AC-XG. In addition I have a USB
Plantronics DSP100.

After some tweaking I got wine to install x-ten lite;

I have pasted my config file;

[WinMM]
; Wine supports the following sound drivers:
;   winearts.drv    ; for KDE
;   winealsa.drv    ; for ALSA users
;   wineoss.drv     ; for OSS
;   winejack.drv    ; for Jack sound server (experimental)
;   winenas.drv     ; for NAS sound system (experimental)
;   wineaudioio.drv ; for Solaris machines (experimental)
; The Drivers field defines which sound drivers to try and in which order.
; Set it to an empty string to disable sound.

;"Drivers" = "wineoss.drv"
"Drivers" = "winearts.drv"
;"Drivers" = "winealsa.drv"

"WaveMapper" = "msacm.drv"
"MidiMapper" = "midimap.drv"

[WineOSS]
;"LockFormat" = "16"
;"LockStereo" = "1"
;"LockRate" = "48000"
;"FullDuplex" = "1"

[ALSA]
"PlaybackDevice" = "default"
"RecordDevice" = "default"

[dsound]
;;HEL only: Number of waveOut fragments ahead to mix in new buffers.
"HELmargin" = "50"
;; HEL only: Number of waveOut fragments ahead to queue to driver.
"HELqueue" = "50"
;; Max number of fragments to prebuffer
"SndQueueMax" = "28"
;; Min number of fragments to prebuffer
"SndQueueMin" = "12"
;; Forces emulation mode (using wave api)
"HardwareAcceleration" = "Emulation"
;; Sets default playback device (0 - number of devices - 1)
"DefaultPlayback" = "2"
;; Sets default capture device (0 - number of devices - 1)
"DefaultCapture" = "2"

My x-ten lite behaves as it does on my XP box. I connect to my Asterisk
PBX and I can make calls and receive calls.

The problem is there is choppy sound one way :(

Is there something I can tweak in wine to cope with this?

Warm Regards

Shad Mortazavi