[Wine]notes 6, bug 2484, winedebug techniques?

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 23 08:12:17 CDT 2004

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:44:16 +0300, you wrote:

> My WINEDEBUG is
> "trace+seh,trace+tid,warn+heap,trace+dll,trace+system,+text,trace+ntdll"
>
> I've tried both adding +relay and temporary activating +relay when
> outputting to pipe (as described in wine docs). Both ways notes app just
> hangs with no activity on debug output. Perhaps my computer isn't strong
> enough?

Please, keep cc'ing wine-users list.

Things will slow down yes, but it should still work. Fewer trace options
will also make a difference.

If you just do:

WINEDEBUG=+relay wine ... &>wine.log

(fill in the dots with your program and arguments and change the log
file to your liking)

does it not proceed? If there is anything written to the log file, what
are the last lines?

> Anyway, it's all I've got (Athlon XP 1600 and 256RAM). Any
> suggestions?

My big machine is a PII-450.

Rein.
--