[Wine]Unsolvable segmentation fault

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 30 09:36:29 CDT 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 18:50:08 -0300 (BRT), you wrote:

> Thank you for the tip. I downloaded the most recent .tar.gz from
> sourcefourge.net, but I have one doubt now: can I just install it over the
> one  I installed form the .deb? Will the installer be intelligent enough
> to preserve configuration and the like? Will it mess up my system?Also, I wonder if those files from sourcefourge are recent enough. Would
> it be better to get the cvs version?thanks in forward,

Good questions.

I think you should be able to install the 20040814 .deb packages. This
segfault bug is solved in that one.

If you are going from a Debian package to compiled-from-source, you MUST
remove all wine packages first. I trust that your configuration will be
preserved, but you may have to move it to ~/.wine (if it is now in /etc
or /usr/share for example).

Once you compile yourself, it is an easy step to use cvs. It is not
required for this bug, that was solved some months ago.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl