[Wine]New to Wine

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Fri Apr 8 12:50:58 CDT 2005

Am Mi, Apr 06, 2005 at 04:57:28 -0700 schrieb Phillip Bruce:
>  I'm new to wine and I'm running the following:
>
>  OS: Solaris 10 3/05 release on x86 system
>  Wine:
> wine --version
> fixme:file:get_default_drive_device auto detection of DOS devices not
> supported on this platform
> Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.
> Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system" is not
> accessible.
> Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory
> '/export/home/pbbruce', starting in the Windows directory.
> Wine 20041019
>
>  As you see I get errors on the sysetm when I run wine. I can run
> notepad and still get those
>  errors.  Any one have any ideas what is going on? I the the winesetup
> and it install everything

It just complains that it can not find a valid drive mapping for your
home directory. Use WineTools to do a proper setup. Note that it is not
tested with solaris and may fail. You will need xdialog to use it
(unless Solaris can execute Linux binaries, but you can get it for your
platform also).

Regards
	Joachim von Thadden
          Never run a touchy system!!!"