[Wine]Getting Word 97 working

Hairysocks hairysocks at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 10 10:25:53 CDT 2005

I have just got word 97 working with wine. The key to it was
using winetools. The versions I have used are:

winetools - 2.1.1-jo
wine - 20050111

Both were installed from rpm files onto my Fedora Core 2,
Althlon 1.2 GHz, 256 MByte, xorg 6.7.0-14, GForce2, Nvidia
driver version 6629.

I went through all of the steps in the basic setup menu. But had
to get the fonts from elsewhere - the site winetools tries to
use timed out, but do a search for the windows core fonts and
you'll find them all. Download the font .exe files into the
~/winetools/fonts directory.

I hope this helps anyone struggling with this.

Rob