[Wine]Menu issues with WeatherScope

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Fri Apr 15 12:14:11 CDT 2005

Am Do, Apr 14, 2005 at 05:20:38 -0500 schrieb Ryan May:
> In my continuing efforts to get Weatherscope working in wine, I've
> noticed an issue with the menubar. (WeatherScope is available here:
> http://sdg.ocs.ou.edu/builds/final/win/WeatherScope/WeatherScope-1.2.1.exe)
> Specifically, the menubar is not normally visible while running under
> Wine.  I am still able to access the menus by clicking on them, but I
> have to guess as to their position.  If I change focus to another
> window, I can get the menubar to appear.

Hmm, I don't know anymore the whole thread, but I integrated WS into
WineTools and changed only in the config:

; WeatherScope
[AppDefaults\\WeatherScope.exe\\DllOverrides]
"comctl32" = "native"

With my installation (wine-20041019) I *always* have the menu but I do
not know what to do how with the app and had no time to examine until
now. If you give me some usage hints I can test whether it works or not.

Regards
	Joachim von Thadden
          Never run a touchy system!!!"