[Wine]Menu issues with WeatherScope

Ryan May rmay at ROSSBY.METR.ou.edu
Fri Apr 15 15:10:48 CDT 2005

Joachim von Thadden wrote:
> Am Fr, Apr 15, 2005 at 01:02:56 -0500 schrieb Ryan May:
>>>With my installation (wine-20041019) I *always* have the menu but I do
>>
>>Hmmm....With wine-20050310 I have the problem with the invisible
>>menubar.  Could this be a problem with managed vs. unmanaged or
>>something?  If so, how are you running it?
>

> WineTools runs everything managed. It's because your Wine version is
> not working correct in all extends. Try with 20041019 and tell us how
> it works.

Looks like wine-20050310 is the problem.  20041019 does not have the
menu problem.  Is this by chance a known issue, or do I have some
regression testing in my future?

>>Well, part of the problem is that in order to access any data and use
>>the program with any purpose, you need an account with the provider of
>>the program, the Oklahoma Climate Survey.  Personally, I've had no
>>problems running and testing the program, and overall it works great.
>>I'm just trying to iron out a few issues with the program so that it
>>might work flawlessly, as well as iron out some Wine bugs.
>

> Can I make an account by myself? Or can you ask there for one for me
> for testing with Wine?

The problem is that it's a pay service, so I doubt it, especially since
wine isn't exactly a supported platform.  I have no problem doing
testing myself though, I just may require some assistance from the list.

Ryan

--
Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant