[Wine]Best wine version for Office 2000

Timo Steuerwald timo.steuerwald at gmx.de
Fri Apr 22 06:40:07 CDT 2005

Hello All!

I currently use wine version 20040716-1.2, a rather old release, but up
to now I had no problems with that.
Today I tried to install Office 2000, i need primarily Excel.
Installation seems to work, after this I added the directories for
vbe6.dll and msoeuro.dll to the path (...program files/common
files/microsoft shared/...), because on a previous excel execution wine
said it can't find these files so I thought it should be neccesary to do
this. Now, it looks like every needed file can be found, nevertheless
excel will still hang. These will be displayed on the console:

> fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
> fixme:storage:StorageImpl_Commit (5): stub!
> fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
> fixme:process:SetProcessWorkingSetSize (0xffffffff,-1,-1): stub - harmless

Can anbody give me a hint, what I should do? Is there a way to get excel
to work with this old release? Or should I update, and if so, which
release is currently the best one for Excel 2000?
Thanks for your answers!

Bye,

Timo