[Wine]Colour Probs with Wine on Debian/Sarge + Ultima Online

Andreas Tücks andreas.tuecks at gmx.de
Fri Apr 22 16:07:16 CDT 2005

I'm trying to get Ultima Online The Second Age running with Wine (installed
from the debian package ver. 0.0.20050310-1.1) on my Debian Sarge system.

First, I installed the game under wine and installed all available patches. I
had no problems during the whole procedure. The game seems to run fine except
for the fact that there are only about 8 different colours which makes the
game unplayable.

Then I tried to run the game from a FAT32 partition on which I installed the
game from within Windows XP. Again, the game seems to run properly but the
colours are still a mess.

So far, I have no idea what is going wrong. I could not find any similar
problem reports on the web. Meanwhile, I installed the latest nvidia driver
for some other reasons, but that does not affect the colours in UO.

Can anyone give me a hint about this colour related problem? I saw several
screenshots of UO under wine on the web, so it must be possible to get it
running.

Thanks a lot! Andreas