[Wine]Probably a newbie problem, but my knowledge in Linux is so limited, so please Help!

Adam Cooper adam.cooper at port.ac.uk
Thu Apr 28 14:15:53 CDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 18:56 +0200, Kevin Hertzberg wrote:
> Mike Hearn wrote:
>
> > Heh. I guess you don't know how VB works under the hood then ;)
> >
> >Could you send me a +ole,+tid,+seh,+msgbox trace please?
> >

> I don't have Linux installed (yet). The report of 440 "Automatition
> Error" is from one of the Linux testers.
> Only thing I could provide is the source code, since I'm under the
> impression that you (Mike) knows Visual Basic very well, spotting the
> problem will be easy if it's an "obvious" problem.
>
> Otherwise, I guess the only thing I can do is to get myself a copy of
> Linux. Has anyone any particular version to recommend for my purpose
> (install Linux and WINE as quickly as possible and find the bug)?

Check out www.distrowatch.com
They've got a section on Live CDs (i.e. ones that boot straight from the
CD, no installation required). At least one of those must come with a
Wine installation built in and all of them will allow you to access your
windows drive (read only mind) to get at any things you need.

Last I checked Knoppix had, although that was a while ago.

Regards
--
Adam Cooper <adam.cooper at port.ac.uk>