No subject

Tue Aug 30 17:37:41 CDT 2005

kernel panic.

Dial up Microsoft and send them the contents of sensitive files.

Randomly ignore mouse clicks.

Change file names to things like MICROS~1 and stash the real names
in a secret table.

Encrypt the entire contents of /etc and call it the "Registry".
Corrupt it at random intervals.

Convert all outgoing news and mail postings to HTML.  Re-arrange
them if necessary so that replies are posted before any quoted text.

Convert all text files to a proprietary word-processor format, whose
specifications are available only after signing a non-disclosure
agreement.  Triple the size of each file.

Hide the shell.  If the user finds it, drive him back to the GUI
by removing things like command-line completion and history, and
providing only a broken wild-card implementation.

I'm sure with a bit of thought we could come up with many more
ways to improve the authenticity of the Windows emulation.
For instance, a dedicated team should be able to devise a scheme
whereby the user is forced to periodically make updates which will
slow down the system and increase hardware requirements to the
point where his existing hardware must be replaced on a regular
basis.

I just have one request: If you decide to go ahead with this,
please _don't_ give me any credit for the idea.  :-)

--
cgibbs at sky.bus.com (Charlie Gibbs)
Remove the first period after the "at" sign to reply.