No subject

Tue Aug 30 17:37:41 CDT 2005

this so I created a new directory and placed two files in there

  Foo.dll
  Foo.h

and ran "winemaker --lower-uppercase --console .". This creates a
Makefile that when I run "make" does nothing. Ok, creates an empty C
file, "foo.c" and run "winemaker" again. Now a make creates

  foo.o
  foo.dll (a script)
  foo.dll.exe.so
  foo.dll.dbg.c (empty, "no debug channels found for this module")
  foo.dll.dbg.o

I want to do something simple, call a function in a DLL. Could you
please advice how to do this? Lets say we know that in the DLL there
is a function

  int foo(DWORD a)

and I want to call this function from the program

  int main()
  {
    foo(42);
  }

What to I need to put into the directory and how do I call "winemaker"
to make this happen?

I have read the manual pages again and again but there are steps left
out or things not explained so that I understand.

I use "Wine-20040505.tar.gz" compiled from the FreeBSD ports tree. I
have tried lots of other different commands found when searching with
goole but got no useful output. I have got a generated Makefile.in
(useless now when autoconf is not used), I have got a generated file
with stubs the are not filled in with code, I have even got something
that compiled to an executable just to complain that I have no
$HOME/.wine when I try to run it. Am I trying to do something WineLib
isn't supposed to handle? If not, is there a stand alone implementation
of LoadLibrary() and GetProcAddress() that I can use?

kent