No subject

Tue Aug 30 17:37:41 CDT 2005

incomplete. DVDShrink should be part of WineTools but I removed it
because of legal issues in Germany (yes, the witch-hunt started here
also). The Base setup (which creates a suitable config) of WineTools
works quite good with DVDShrink. You have to add

; DVD Shrink
[AppDefaults\\DVD Shrink 3.2.exe\\Version]
"Windows" = "win2k"

[AppDefaults\\DVD Shrink 3.2.exe\\DllOverrides]
"*" = "builtin, native"

at the end of the config after you performed the Base setup. To start
DVDShrink use the following script:

. findwine
cd "$WINEDIR/c/Program Files/DVD Shrink"
$WINE "c:\\program files\\DVD Shrink\\DVD Shrink 3.2.exe"
${PARAM:+"$PARAM"} &>/dev/null &
wait $!

Note that until know I know of nobody being able to watch the video or
listen to the audio streams from a DVD with the software. But shrinking,
copying and reorganizing a new DVD is possible. You have to save it to
disk and burn with some Linux software. If somebody here knows of a
better way with integrated burning I would be happy to know of it.
DVDShrink is one of the very rare programs with no *real* alternative
under Linux.

          Never run a touchy system!!!"